Third Door Media is currently looking for a Deputy Editor to help drive its industry-leading coverage of digital marketing on Marketing Land, Search Engine Land and MarTech Today.
The Deputy Editor supports the Editor-in-Chief with the day-to-day editorial management of our content, which includes tasks such as story planning, staff assignment management and editing for voice, authority and clarity. The Deputy Editor is also a reporter who creates news and feature copy daily for the brand.
Authority is essential to us, so we’re looking for someone who has either covered digital marketing extensively for a media brand, or has worked as a professional marketer and has solid editorial chops.
This is a remote position.
Core job responsibilities
- Report daily on news tied to digital marketing topics, including SEO, performance marketing, marketing technology and management.
- Regularly write feature articles, guides, analysis and other forms of in-depth content to advance our mission to inform, engage, convene and support our audience of digital marketers.
- Support Editor-in-Chief in managing day-to-day assignment flow, filling in for her when she is absent.
- Drive our daily newsletters.
- Regularly speak and moderate panel discussions at Third Door Media events.
- Represent our brands as a speaker at other industry events.
- Editorial review of staff content. This includes developing, editing, proofreading and fact-checking.
- Take a holistic view of the brands, looking beyond the daily coverage for ways to improve and grow our brand.
- Convene with editorial boards consisting of members from our contributor community, hosting discussions on emerging topics and spotting new best practices.
- Track performance of editorial content on Search Engine Land.
- Demonstrated expertise in digital marketing.
- 7-10 years of experience in creating digital content in a newsroom, digital media company or content marketing department.
- Excellent writer, equally adept at writing a templated news brief or a multi-part series.
- Strong news judgment and journalistic integrity.
- Ability to develop and manage many external source relationships.
- Strong editing skills.
- Comfort and presence with public speaking.
- Previous experience working for a media brand, marketing department agency or as a digital marketing consultant.
- Strong roster of industry contacts in the marketing realm.
- Deep familiarity with Third Door Media’s content and its history.
If you are interested, please send resume and cover letter to Henry Powderly, Vice President, Content at [email protected]